Elementary 8:45 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
High School 8:15 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Transition Program 8:15a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
January 18th, 19th, & 20th. Early Dismissal 12:00 Noon
|Fri Jan 20 - High School Final Exam Days - H.S. Early Dismissal 12:00 Noon|
|Mon Feb 20 - Presidents Day - No School|
|Fri Mar 24 - Last Day Before Spring Break|
|Fri Mar 24 - Third Grading Period Ends - Early Dismissal 1:00 p.m. ALL students|
|Mon Apr 03 - Classes Resume|
|Fri Apr 14 - Non-Attendance Day - No School April 14th|
|Mon Apr 17 - Non-Attendance Day - No School April 17th|
Acacia Academy Accredited Special Education School
Welcome! Acacia Academy is a year-round accredited, private therapeutic day school for grades 1-12 and offers a Transition Program for ages 17-22 servicing the Chicago, IL area. The Acacia tree symbolizes what our school strives to achieve: educational stability with roots of strength and character that will last a lifetime making Acacia Academy a safe place to grow and learn. Offering a variety of year-round and summer programs designed order Allegra to meet each student's learning objectives in terms of his/her learning capabilities, Acacia Academy is AdvancED accredited and located in La Grange Highlands, Illinois. The Illinois State Board of Education has approved Acacia Academy for out-of-district placement for special education. Students from all over northern Illinois attend Acacia Academy. In many cases, the school district provides tuition and transportation.
Acacia Academy offers accredited programs for:
- The accelerated and/or gifted student to challenge their thinking skills within particular subject areas
- The regular education student to meet their academic goals and potential
- Students with learning differences, dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, aspergers, autism, and/or attention deficit disorders
- Emotional and social needs
- Vocational study for future employment
- Transition to post-secondary educational study and successful independent adult living
- Instruction skills, processing abilities, speech/language, and social skills